Pure Green Magazine No 10
Pure Green Magazine is an independent print magazine for green living with style.
Volume 10 | Heritage
Each of the people featured on these pages have found inspiration in connecting to the past as it influences the present, and the result is an issue that explores the idea of heritage as a thread that weaves our culture’s past and present together. It informs our work and our desires, our aesthetic and our values, and by acknowledging this influence we create a dynamic future.
- COVER STORY: Artists Lilah Horwitz and Nick Olson have created a haven dedicated to their art, in an environment connected to the land and their unique heritage.
- Dive into the world of Amy & Richard McDowell, creators of Tales of the Wild Botanicals, as told by Jessica Marais in a beautifully descriptive and hugely inspiring homage.
- Meet Christy Matson, a revolutionary weaver using the Jacquard loom to advance the ages-old craft of weaving.
- Travel to Orcas Island with Audra Query Lawlor of Girl Meets Dirt. She escaped her harried life on Wall Street to the quietude of Orcas Island, only to discover an island overflowing with the abundance of it’s forgotten fruit growing industry, which she now crafts into unique spoon preserves.
- Jonathan’s mouthwatering recipes in the Organic Kitchen based on reader favourites!
Dimensions: 21.5 x 28 cm
Features: 96 pages, 100% post consumer recycled stock, produced with biofuel and chlorine-free on luxurious uncoated paper. It is printed waterlessly, in full colour, offset, with vegetable based ink and perfect bound.